There’s tons of snow on the ground, the temperature is 9 degrees [Fahrenheit], and if you look out the window, you probably can still see Christmas lights on your neighbor’s house. Sounds like winter in the Midwest!
Don’t let old man winter keep you cooped up inside. Get out and enjoy winter to the fullest! Not only is it a good opportunity to get the kids out of the house, but doubles as the perfect photo-op session. Check out some of our favorite winter activities:
- Build a snowman
- Have a snowball fight
- Make a snow angel
- Hit the slopes and go sledding, skiing, or snowboarding
- Ice Skating
- Go snowshoeing
- Hot tubing outside anyone? (Don’t knock it until you try it)
- Collect pine cones for fun crafts with the kids
- Grab a blanket, a cup of hot or mulled cider and sit outside with your favorite someone
- Ice fishing
- Rent a cabin in the middle of nowhere
- Freeze some balloons for ice bowling
- Build a snow fort
- Have an outdoor picnic (we’re totally not kidding!) Get on your warm socks, coat, gloves, snow boots, blankets and whatever else you need to stay warm and cozy. Hot cocoa and soup make the perfect winter picnic treat.